Tent Fumigation Irvine Ca.
Irvine Ca. Fumigation, or tenting, involves covering the entire structure for a minimum of two nights. This method of treatment exterminates all drywood termites in the structure, even the ones hiding within the walls. We recommend this method when there is a heavy infestation of drywood termites, or if the infestation has entered into inaccessible areas such as behind the drywall in your Irvine Ca home.
How Does It Work?
During the fumigation ,in your Irvine Ca home. we use Vikane ™, a gas that fully circulates all areas of the property in your Irvine Ca home.. The chemical itself is odorless and tasteless, and does not leave any residue behind in your Irvine Ca home.
The Irvine Ca home is affected for 24 hours. Once the mark hits, the ventilation are open and the gas dissipates into the air. After another 24-hour, it is safe to go back inside ,in your Irvine Ca home. worry free. To ensure it is safe to go back inside in your Irvine Ca home., the team has a special machine that checks the air quality and use it in every room in the Irvine Ca structure before they allow you back in.
Once you are allowed back in your Irvine Ca home., you can rest assure you are going back in to a home free of termites in your Irvine ca home.
What do I need to do to prepare for the fumigation with gas fumigant in Irvine Ca?
In addition to the work performed by your fumigator, it is your responsibility to help prepare your home Irvine Ca for the fumigation. Taking the following steps prior to fumigation helps ensure its success, resulting in the elimination of drywood termites from your home. Check with your fumigator for additional home preparation information in Irvine Ca.
The day before the fumigation in Irvine Ca…
- Water the soil up to 18 inches from the outer walls of your Irvine Ca home to protect outdoor plants and shrubs.
- Cut back foliage, shrubbery and landscaping at least 18 inches from the structure to allow room for the tarps.
- Remember to make arrangements for overnight accommodations for you and your pets, as your Irvine Ca home may be under fumigation 4 to 72 hours. Most fumigations are between 12 and 18 hours.
- Please keep in mind the fumigation may need to be rescheduled if the weather is uncooperative. High winds and rain may hinder a fumigation and cause potential danger to fumigators.
The day of the fumigation in Irvine ca…
- Remove all plants from your home, including those on outdoor patios.
- Evacuate all people and pets from the structure.
- Remove mattresses completely enveloped in plastic, such as baby mattresses with waterproof covers, or remove the covers themselves.
- Remove or double-bag any food, feed, drugs and medicinals in special Nylofume nags your fumigator provides. You do not need to bag or remove items in plastic, glass, or metal bottles, cans of jars with the original manufacture’s airtight seal intact
- Seal the Nylofume bags one at a time by twisting the tops, or folding down and sealing with tape, twisty ties, string or rubber bands. DO NOT TIE BAGS IN A KNOT. Your fumigator can provide special instructions on proper bagging procedures for you.
- Double-bag cold and frozen foods and leave them in the refrigerator and freezer to make it easier to stack the bags inside.
- Be sure to remove or double-bag anything that will be ingested (medicine, spices, ect.).
After the fumigation in Irvine Ca…
- It is unnecessary to wash dishes, linens, clothing, ect., as fumigant is a gas and will dissipate from the Irvine Ca structure.
- Remember, once your fumigation is complete, all termites in your Irvine Ca structure should be eliminated.
Ask your fumigator to help you determine additional items that need to be double-bagged or removed prior to fumigation. A good rule of thumb is, “when in doubt. Take it out.” Here are some examples, Double-bag or remove these items:
- Chips, pasta, rice and other foods packaged in plastic bags
- Cereals, crackers and other foods packaged in cardboard boxes (even if the boxes have never been opened)
- Spices, salt and pepper shakers, and other items where the seal has been broken
- Ice, opened bottled drinking water
- Butter, cream cheese and any other items stored in a resealed container, including items stored in Tupperware containers
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Bags of pet food and bird seed, as well as opened cans
You need not bag or remove these items:
- Unopened cans (including home-canned goods)
- Cosmetics, such as lipstick
- Unopened soda cans and glass bottles
- Shampoo, soaps
- Unopened bottles of liquor and wine (stored horizontally)
If you have any questions about how to prepare your Irvine Ca home for fumigation,please don’t
hesitate to call us.